Friday, 31 December 2010

snow days

Well the whole UK seemed to be covered in snow for a lot of this month. Where I live we are lowland and near the sea so generally  don’t get much snow at all but even we had more than normalSTA60096

STA60075

These were taken in the back gardenSTA60102

Trying to be arty *cough*

STA60109-1I had to go into town the morning after the snowfall, to finish off my Christmas shopping, so took a few pics of the River which was partially frozen

STA60108

The River was actually a bit of a talking point due to

5253619871_165541c457

photo source

this.. I don’t actually remember ever seeing the river properly frozen, never mind all weird and lumpy like this! There were actually car crashes  as people were slowing down to get a glimpse when crossing the bridge. Crazy! By the time I was able to see it [due to having to work in daylight hours, I hate that about winter..] it had melted slightly and I didn’t have time to stop properly :/

I have quite a few more prompts for JYC still to do both on here and page wise but I borrowed a couple of photos albums from my parents so hoping to scan a couple of old photos etc & make some inroads with all that. I’m happy with how my album is going anyway, I’m really enjoying the class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy New Year!