Saturday, 4 December 2010

getting floral

Made some other pages before starting on my JYC STA60045

This one is an old family photo of my mums family on a day out with some other relatives from “down the Valley” in Cumnock. My mums Auntie Vi [who was like a gran to me really] is the young girl at the back with my gran second from left in front of her and my great gran on the left at the front, with her sister. I love having these old pictures and getting to see what my ancestors looked like.

STA60046

I saw this flower on one of the blogs I read [sorry I can’t remember exactly whose now, should have written it down] and decided to give it a try, just adapting it from a scalloped circle punch to a flower punch [since i don’t HAVE a scalloped circle!] and it was so easy! I love how it turned out, with just a bit of Mica mist sprayed on it. It looks a bit like a waterlillie I think!STA60044

One of the first places I went overseas was to Yugoslavia when I was 10 years old. We stayed on the Adriatic island of Hvar [now part of Croatia]  for a week or so. I guess there wasn’t tons to do there but I remember really liking it.  This was one of my first forays into travel photography, taking a picture of the town square with my grandpa’s old camera!STA60041

And a quick one for my Stockholm album of some of the sculptures outside the cities Modern Art museum. I have to say it wasn’t one of my faves that I have been to but there was some nice stuff. I don’t really like weird stuff, I like art that is contemporary but obvious what it is. Sometimes I prefer just going to the local art club shows cos they have pretty paintings of places I know!! Each to their own but all those weird installations with pretentious meanings about the degradation of society through the medium of  jelly pieces just doesn’t do it for me! okay I kind of went off on a tangent there! It filled a rainy morning but I prefer the Pompidou or GOMA in Glasgow

No comments: