Prompt 2 of Shimelles class delves into a mix of privacy on blogs and relating that to hidden journalling on your layouts etc. What you want everyone to see, certain people or to keep totally private.
I suppose that is one of my problems with updating this blog. Previously [and hopefully again when I get more organised!] I used Livejournal for a number of years. The beauty of the site is that you can choose with each entry you make whether it is public, just friends [which the majority of mine were] or totally private. I loved to read others blogs and had quite a few random people on my friends list, none of whom I knew in real life. My actual friends, family, work colleagues etc couldn’t access my friends only entries and see what I was moaning about! *cough* I used it in the same way I would have used a paper diary, it was just so much easier to type than hand write.
Here everything is on view, I have no control over who can see it and its the sort of blog that you feel a bit weird posting without a photo. I don’t know why that is! i suppose this is more of a scrapping blog and not so much in depth diary and details of my life, just where they relate to layouts and such.
Before Livejournal I had another online journal. That one got read by someone I worked with after he used my nickname to google me. Oops. I mean I never really said anything BAD, but there was a lot of embarassing stuff about the massive crush I had on someone else at work, a couple of comments about him that I think he just felt weird reading. It just made me hugely uncomfortable. After that I changed journals and was more careful about posting names of where I work, used a lot of nicknames, peoples initials etc. I don’t have kids to bother about predators etc but there is something to be said for not putting everything out there for general consumption, who knows who might see it!
So “I live in Burns Country” is as specific as my location is going to get.. hence the photo of Burns Cottage!
No comments:
Post a Comment