Well I guess have a clearout probably qualifies as pretty mundane. Last week my mum was round and determined to make me DO stuff *cough* and since she wasn’t getting within a mile of my bedroom cupboard I figured she could help me clear out my books. It has been bugging me for a long while but just one of the many things I hadn’t gotten around to yet
This is my newly cleared out bookcase! Yeah it used to be a lot fuller than this. Piled up on top and in front to the point it was just about sagging under the weight! I was pretty ruthless about getting rid of books I wasn’t going to read again and have ended up with 5 shopping bags full to go to the charity shop.. uhm. I guess that shows how many I had before!
I don’t know if anyone else is like this but I was going a bit mad that I couldn’t have all the books by the same person together because they were different heights! My mum just kept looking at me like “is this anal headcase really my daughter?!”
I’m a big book lover, I’m always reading something. Usually two things actually.. I always have a book on the go at home and one at work that I read on my breaks instead of buying a newspaper. Funny, at my work appraisal my shift manager made some comment about how he thinks I’m more of a deep thinker, or at least think things through more, “because I always see you reading”. Haha, I didn’t tell him about my avoidance of depressing newspapers or that half my books are fluffy chicklit.
source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/annafur/2863412639/
Right now I am nearing the end of Twilight. Everyone kept raving about it so I thought I would give it a go and I LOVE it! Been engrossed since I started it and can’t wait to get onto the next one – thankfully my scrap buddy Amanda has lent me the other three books so will be able to start on it straight away. Now I just need to see the first film!
I love discovering new authors/series!
4 comments:
I think we could be sisters!!! I have that same bookcase but have to admit yours looks neater than mine. I do like authors together but I'm with you on the height thing. Have the first 3 Twilight books but have been put off reading them - cos everyone else seems to be. Same reason why I have never read HP.
I don't think I can ever rid my books
*hugs books tightly* I'm a total
bookworm and even though many people
tell me there's always a library, I
like to keep and re-read them whenever
I want to :D
Great job on reorganizing your book case. I'm a huge book lover, too, and my shelves were absolutely packed. Feels good to get everything reorganized :)
Fab job on the books and another here hates it when I can't group by author because the books are different dimensions ARG!
Post a Comment