Monday, 30 November 2009

Favourite photo

I like the idea of posting my favourite photo at the end of each month [from the “year of blogging” final prompt in Shimelles “Blogging for Scrapbookers” class] and since I never explained the reasons behind this entry I decided to start with this month

STA60038

So the story behind the flowers.. I’m single and i never get flowers so this was a nice surprise for me. The old guy next door to me [I live in a 4 block of flats] had called round the week before to tell me he was getting a gas supply in so there would be some disruption etc – which I appreciated in the first place as a lot of people these days wouldn’t even think to do that. Which there was – a noisy generator going 24/7  & the car park dug up etc. So the following Sunday night he knocked on my door with these flowers to say “thank you” for putting up with it all. How sweet is that?? Bless him!

Although the flowers somewhat also represent something that has been stressing me out for the last couple of weeks – my mouse invasion! I think it was the night he brought the flowers that I saw the first one in my lounge and nearly died! I hate all things creepy crawly never mind vermin [although cute squirrels are a different story, it the tails. Those spindly mice tails are creepy, bushy squirrel tails are cute!] and am only now able to somewhat relax.  my dad brought round some traps and set them up and a few were caught through the course of the following week. But I was hesitant to even go IN the kitchen [where they seemed to be getting in] and still have to switch the light on first to “scare” them just in case!

Anyway we came to the conclusion that the work outside and possibly exposed pipes in the car park let them in/disturbed them and there was a gap left behind my washing machine where the skirting hadn’t been replaced when my kitchen was “done” last year. Since work finished outside and my dad sorted the skirting there have been no sightings.. But I am still not 100% convinced they aren’t hiding under my bed ready to scare me when i least expect it! I’m a wuss so go on and laugh, but I really can’t help it!

I’m terrified of teeny tiny mice and their creepy tails…

2 comments:

Mrsjobee said...

Like the idea of doing a photo of the month - might oinch that idea if thats OK.
Yuk to the meeces!! We had them in our kitchen - had chewed a hole under the fridge freezer - saw dropping but never saw the mouse.

Sian said...

Love your photo of the month..the idea and the story behind this one. Good luck with those mice!