Thursday, 5 May 2011

the one with the picnic in the park

My friend and I headed on a day out on Sunday since she was on holiday and it was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day. In the end we headed to Pollock Park in Glasgow for a wee change of scenery. Somehow I managed to take 60 photos while we were there. Not one features me or my friend :-O Do I have some kind of allergy to people pictures?!

So no people but a few pictures of the park..

may 011

This is Pollock House, it was too nice a day to go inside although I’ve been round it previously. Its National Trust, but the grounds are basically open to anyone. We parked ourselves on the grass  in front of the house, overlooking the river, for our [last-minute-from-the-petrol-station] picnic lunch. Bliss!may 013

The stable yard was looking very pretty with all the hanging baskets etc

may 034

I swear to god for a minute I thought these ducks were plastic! They were quite a way from the river, and although there was a little bit of a water feature there, they were clearly just sunbathing! Just seemed like some kind of garden feature until one of them moved its head!!

may 044

may 051

watermill down by the river

may 057

Pretty woods :) I was a bit snap happy so will post a few more of the gardens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carol Anne said...

It's all so lush and green. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your photos.