Yesterday was a fun day. A local woman was organising a crop to raise funds for Arthritis Care so a bunch of us from my weekly crop went along as well as a whole load of other ladies, for lots of crafting, chatter and cake. The cake is always important I find!
I worked on some layouts for that fit Shimelles National Scrapbook Day challenges since I didn’t really do any scrapping last weekend. Plus at our usual crop I was stillllll working on my Stirling mini book. With mini books its would seem that the simpler I try to make it, the longer it actually takes.
Anyway this is what I managed to get done:
Using patterned paper as my background.. This is actually for the album I started with the Something for [almost] Nothing class last year. I’m working on it in between other things and I will fill it eventually :) I called mine “happiness is” and this is my “happy place” photo of Loch Lomond, taken at Luss.
This one has a border between two photos, made of turquoise ribbon and some punched paper. Blackwaterfoot is one of the villages, about half way around the island from Brodick & where we stopped for our lunch the day we toured the island. Gorgeous little harbour :) We all know I have a thing for boats pictures
This one tells the store of the photo. Not sure this layout is quite “finished” now I look at it. It was the last one I was working on as the crop came to a close, so maybe needing to add a little something.. Anyway the photo was taken [on Arran again..] looking back at the way we had come as we walked to Kings Caves. The journalling tells the story of how the route that looked easier on the map didn’t turn out to be.
1 comment:
LOVE the layouts. They definitely inspire me not to give up on scrapbooking - though I've really been struggling with it of late - no inspiration and wondering why I bother when everything is on my blog! I'm definitely going to copy these layouts - they are fab.
Post a Comment