Sunday, 8 May 2011

the one with edited photos

Belated happy Scrapbooking Day! I didn’t do any actual scrapping yesterday. My desk is cluttered with various insane projects that I have “started so I’ll finish”.. I hope to get some scrapping challenges done later in the week but we’ll see..

image_0006

The last challenge of the day on Shimelle’s blog was a bit easier in some respects but definitely out of my comfort zone. “Edit a photo”. Now.. I do not have Photoshop and I have never used anything other than Picasa for “editing” my photos. The most I do is “auto contrast” on some, maybe fill light if its awfully dark, change to black & white or crop a wee bit. Many I do nothing to. I like the natural look for the most part and really haven’t embraced the apparent fashion for the washed out overexposed vintage thing.. I really really don’t get it!! Maybe its just my general attraction to bright colours. I don’t do vintage pastelly style scrapping either. I like the bright coloured papers over the muted shades and pastel pink & cream any day.

But I do have a feature on my phone [LG cookie – no fancy pants smart phones here, thank you!] called Tunnel Effect. I kind of like it on some photos. I took a lot of phone photos last week [more on that another time] so decided to try it out on a couple

P280411_16.33

Before..image_0017

After…P300411_11.35_[01]

Before…

image_0010

After…

What do you think??  I’m undecided. I prefer the orginal with the cherry blossom and the edited one of the house because its brighter! haha! I gave it a go anyway!

 

2 comments:

Candace said...

I'm with you Heather on the two photos. I prefer the sunny blue sky & pink blossom in the unedited photo but the edited house bring a lovely appeal to the property.

Libby said...

Like you I don't do much/any editing and don't like the vintage photos much either. They're okay but definitely a fad. I LOVE the first photo in this blog and don't mind the afters - but probably prefer the vivid colours of the originals.