Saturday, 13 March 2010

just do it

First class prompt was to use metals. Managed to finally do it this morning

STA60017

Admittedly the orange letter stickers maybe don’t quite go but oh well! they stand out at least!! I used the last full sheet of the Aug Gogo kit [as well as the lace, two brads, letter stickers and lace cardstock] so I’ve now broken the remainder up into my general stash which feels good :) Aside from the brads the other metal is the round frame

STA60018

and two photo corners. These both came from the Costco kit that I mentioned in my stash confessions. A lot of the stuff from that kit is in a plastic box in my bedroom and I tend to forget about it,  I did know there were the wee frames in there but had totally forgotten there were jumbo brads, metal photo corners & eyelets plus some bookplates and chipboard shapes. some of it is family orientated but a lot could be used elsewhere. I think I need to put this all in my general stash so its more accessable and less easily forgotten. Anyway it was good to use some of it! I love the wee frame, so detailed!

At the moment I am still undecided about the “Celebrate Life” album. I do want to do one and love the idea of it being some of my favourite photos or things that make me happy, the sort of thing I can look at after a bad day to remind me its not all bad! However I don’t have a home photo printer so I would need to take/chose existing photos and get them printed together so that means it not something I can just decide after each prompt what I’ll do for a specific page. And of course I haven’t decided on a format yet either. I love the idea of 6x12 but I don’t have an album of that size [or any other size that is empty for that matter..]. A mini book means smaller pages – making it harder to use the lovely sketches – and probably quite flat pages which is limiting in use embellishments.. Decision decisions!!

1 comment:

Sian said...

I like what you've done with the metal prompt. I'm doing 6x12 but I don't have an album yet..I'm thinking of maybe sewing some page protectors in half and fitting them into a 12x12 album.