Saturday, 13 March 2010

falling behind

Well its no surprise I’m already behind in Shimelles new class.. Work has a habit of getting in the way unfortunately, although I could have made a start at my Thursday crop. I’m going to try the metal layout today though :)

I’m also determined to finally start living by my “one little word” for 2010 which is “do”. Last Sunday I made a good start in clearing out this cupboard in my lounge..

STA60009

STA60010

Yeah I know… Its a total state. The bottom especially was just a mess of plastic bags [ones intended for recycling], various hand bags & their random contents etc and the lower shelf just had stuff squeezed in..

I won’t show the after shots yet as I now need to get storage sorted which involves a trip to Ikea on Tuesday. Things still look a little messy up top although it IS organised now.. But it was such a good feeling to get that done. I got rid of so much stuff. I have a giant bag of plastic bags that I will be taking to Tesco for recycling this weekend. I threw out/recycled some old tatty hand bags, out of date Argos catalogues etc, donated some other bags I haven’t used in an age & exercise videos [remember those?!] and found my favourite lipgloss & lipstick for nights out!! Yay! Not to mention a few coins in some of the bags, jacket pockets etc. Now I can finally get my Dyson back in the cupboard also :)

I also made this

STA60012

Brocolli & Sage Pasta on Sunday night. Another thing i want to do is use more of my recipes instead of getting so many takeaways/easy junk food meals. I have millions of recipes – both in proper bought recipe books and ones I have cut out of magazines but I have only tried a small fraction. I want to try and make at least one recipe per week. Whether its a brand new one, or just one I haven’t made in quite a while. This was easy and tasty and the following night I made another – Sticky Lemon Chicken which I definitely would make again also, it was really quick. Also in the last couple of weeks I made Carrot, Cabbage & Caraway Soup and Beef & Orange casserole. So I think I’m off to a good start! Its not that I want to make anything really fancy, I’m not entertaining or anything, just want more variety and healthier stuff. especially when I work late shift. A lot of times I get in and just can’t be bothered to start a meal from scratch but it would so much better to have a nice home made meal in the freezer than to go to the Chinese or chippy etc

I also took this

STA60005

just because.. Well I was trying to get pictures of new buds on the trees but that was failing miserably!

No comments: