Wednesday, 17 March 2010

clearing out my closet

You may remember that a week or so ago I decided to clean out my living room cupboard..  There was an inbetween stage without storage for a lot of the stuff..

STA60014

But following my visit to Ikea yesterday this is the cupboard now..

STA60013

STA60024

The bottom is clear of the millions of bags [handbags and plastic ones which I finally took to Tesco for recycling] and I can finally get my Dyson back in! I now just have 3 bags in there – my work bag and my two most used handbags. The top shelves are so much tidier! If you saw my entry a few back when I talked about recipes – well all those books are recipe books, including the big binder which is the one I use most but need to use MORE. I managed to find an unused box in my kitchen for batteries [bottom left] and bought one for keeping my bags under control – the bags for life, my Ikea bag, one I got for the library etc The bags originally on the top shelf all contained Christmas decorations and these have now all been contained in the two boxes.  Its all good!! Love how tidy it is now and its really inspired me to get on with tackling the big cupboard in my bedroom and the junk in my spare/scrap room bit by bit.

The only down side of my trip to Ikea was that I had gone with my parents [who had wanted to go anyway] and somehow got talked into buying a kitchen table. Its just a wee square kind of breakfast bar thing but I do only have a small kitchen and now I have to put it together. Plus the only place i can put it is along the wall in front of the fridgefreezer, which means I am going to have to change the way my fridge doors open if I want to still get into it!! Although maybe not being able to access my fridge would do me some good ;)

No comments: