Friday, 23 July 2010

Arran part 3

Last day on Arran. We had thought of doing something indoorsy as the weather forecast hadn’t been the best – maybe Arran Aromatics or something like that. But it was sunny when we woke up so we decided to head to Glenashdale Falls just outside of Whiting Bay since we missed it the day before.  Thankfully my dad drive up the hill rather than just parking in the village as we didn’t realise how steep that bit was. You walk through forestry commission area to get there and passed this Iron age fort [or pile of rocks in the woods!]STA60188

Eventually we got to the falls and it was so worth it!! I love waterfalls. It had been pretty dry in recent weeks so I’m sure it would be even better after a good wet spell.

STA60192

Me and my mum on the platform looking over the falls. Really like this photo of us :)STA60193

Walking back we passed a hedgerow full of seemingly wild FuschiaSTA60195

Then we headed back to Lamlash for a picnic lunch overlooking Holy Isle. I’m going to buy this house when I win the lottery! It might not look like much in this pic, especially with the bins in shot but I like the kind of Scandinavian look of it and the huge balcony and big windows looking right out at Lamlash bay. It was down at the jetty with just a few boat in between it and the sea. And we all know I quite like looking at boats ;) Well we can all dream I guess!STA60199 Brodick Bay from the ferry terminal as we waited to boardSTA60205

Leaving Brodick behind. You can see our apartments just right of centre. Such a great location, I would definitely stay there again if I go backSTA60206

I just love how clear the water was around Arran, it was gorgeousSTA60208

A boat! *cough*STA60210

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nice pics, looks like a beautiful place! Nice to have pics of you & your Mom. :)