Its been a bit of a mad week around these parts. Well for me anyway, I like the quiet life normally!
Tuesday as mentioned below was the crop, then Wednesday I had my last day of work for the week. Had a pretty relaxing night and then my mum texted that they were coming round on Thursday to get my grass cut> Its not that I'm lazy but with my arm i hadn't been able to push the lawn mower and now it was too long for my wee flymo to cope with. Anyway that meant a mad dash on Thursday morning to get the house cleaned as well as all the other wee jobs I had been intending on doing anyway, like going to the PO, washing the car etc I had been planning to do housework on the Friday so that kind of threw my plans off. Can't give my mum any reason to make comments! 
My friend Carrie was wanting to leave fairly early to go up to Hampden for the Chilli Peppers gig so I left here about 3pm to pick her up. Getting to the stadium was an adventure in itself and one I don't think I'll be bothering with again. Next time I'll get the train and NOT listen to my workmates lousy directions! At least we got there in one piece. The first band, Reverend & the Makers were okay but the singer kept jogging on the spot which was a bit weird! Then its was Biffy Clyro who were amazing!! :) I hadn't even realised they came from Kilmarnock! Eventually followed by the red Hot Chilli Peppers themselves! :) Totally amazing although I was disappointed they didn't play more of their older stuff but it was still great. My photos suck though as my zoom isn't good enough to get decent pics from that distance. Was a fab night though :)
Friday morning I was feeling blah - just tired really. The afternoon I went stash shopping and to Tesco then ended up going out with my best mate for dinner. It was a fairly early night though as we were both yawning! Saw her again on Saturday morning so we could get on a computer and book accomodation for when we go to Paris next month. It had been stressing us out a bit.. Anyway we have booked a hostel in Montmartre area. I'm kind of over the whole hostel thing but its a twin room with ensuite so shouldn't be as bad as having a dorm room which is what i really hate. getting woken up with people coming in and putting lights on at all hours or getting up really early to leave and rustling their stuff about!! lol! i'm old now, I need my sleep!!
Then it was off to my parentals for lunch yesterday. Spent quite a bit of time looking through old family pictures as my mum is lending me some to scan. I'd love to make a scrapbook with old pics. I already have one layout in mind as we found a pic of my gran & her sister on a motorbike when they were kids and then another of her probably in her 50s or 60s with someones motorbike! She was obviously a bit of a biker chick!! haha! she died when I was really young so its funny to see little snippets of her as I didn't really know her.
Anyway today I plan on taking it fairly easy. I have already scanned in a few of the old pics to see how they turn out. Might just go and have a long soak in the bath now and then head out if its still nice and sunny outside :)

No comments:
Post a Comment