One of the prompts from the Pretty Paper Party at Shimelle.com involved making kits and making layouts from them without having photos in mind. I haven’t yet tried putting together my own kit but I took my latest monthly kit [I resubscribed to Scrapagogo last month] to our all day crop last weekend and basically chopped all the papers up and stuck down some layouts & then finished them off! Eeeeeekkk! Scary as I always have photos in mind when I start a layout, even if its based on a sketch etc Anyway so far I have 4 finished layouts..![]()
This is one for my Ireland trip album. I went on a wee backpacker tour called the Shamrock tour [this was back in 2002] which was just a quick 3 day tour around some parts of Ireland. One of the things they did were Eejit Awards which were sort of silly forfeits, either for losing in games we played on the bus to pass the time travelling, or for being late back to the bus etc. In this photo the guys are attempting an Irish jig in the middle of the street in Doolin, County Clare, where we spent our second night. Me being too self concious for my own good managed to avoid having to do any!! Other ones involved running in front of the bus pretending to be an aeroplane and spelling our your name with your bum *cough*
These remaining 3 are all for my Stockholm album [yep STILL working on that one!!]. The view from a picnic area in the Riddarholmen area. I did find that not having an idea of what photos I was going to use meant that some of the layouts just didn’t work well with more than one photo. I disgarded a smaller photo that I had planned to scrap with this one..
The island of Skeppsholmen which used to be a navy base [hence the title] and is now a “cultural centre” with the museums of modern art, architecture & chinese antiquities and I think some kind of concert/festival arena. And boats :)
Finally one from Skansen outdoor museum and the funicular we didn’t take up the steep hill. MISTAKE! haha!
I still have 4 more layouts to complete but which have papers stuck down and now photos chosen also. I did find it hard to then add much embellishment as I hadn’t given it any thought while sticking the papers down. They are all relatively simple beyond journalling & titles. It was a fun & slightly scary challenge though! I’ll post the rest of the layouts when they are done…
I have seriously neglected my LSNED pages since Pretty Paper Party started so might need to incorporate some of the other prompt ideas into those pages to get some more of them done, I’m only half way. I do need to post more of those layouts but that’ll be another entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment