Sunday, 19 June 2011

the fun of the fair

Yesterday my friend talked me into going to the Holy Fair with her, since she wasn’t working for once. Its an annual thing that takes place in the grounds of an old house in Alloway. I’ve been there loads of times but not for the fair I don’t think. The thing putting me off was the horrible wet weather. And the muddy field! Silly me had thought we would do something inside and didn’t even have a jacket. We did strike it pretty lucky as there were some horrendous downpours through the day but just some light drizzle when we were there.june 016

Bright colours to brighten the dreary day :)june 011

A couple of these giant things! june 013

A pipe band competition.. Hell, we are Scottish afterall! haha!june 020

A random dog competition with the poor Provost having to go round and decide which one had the shortest tail, was happiest and most obedient. We had wondered, previous to this, why there were so many dogs around!june 017 

and lots of these stalls all the way around the the outside of the field. They were selling all kinds of stuff – lots of gorgeous jewellery and bits and bobs. Probably as well I had only stuffed £5 in my pocket as I went out the door! june 022

I did have to buy this cute ladybird cupcake! It was for a cancer charity. Cupcakes for cancer? it was a no brainer. I also got a Colin Forbes book for 50p.

The rain came back on heavier again so we headed off and ended up at on old favourite of ours, The Red Lion,  for an early bar supper. So we enjoyed our afternoon out despite the awful weather :)

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love that top picture! It reminds me of the fair in Vienna, Austria. There's nothing really like that in the states at our fairs.
Rinda