Saturday, 12 March 2011

Location pub

A couple of  layouts completed recentlyhome 010

These pictures are from a work night out back in August– sort of leaving do for a couple of guys who moved on, one of whom I’d worked pretty closely with for a couple of years. We just went to the local chinese buffet restaurant & then the pub for a few drinks. Not my usual style [if I even have one] but I do like how this turned out :) Used up some scraps from the March GoGo kit & used the December stamp for the border and some mica spray mist. The brown border was accidental, I was originally only going to have the Sassafrass border, as I was trying out my new EK success punch on a scrap of card when I noticed it kind of matched the colour of mist on this layout. home 011

Do you ever see a house somewhere and decide thats’s where you will live when you win the lottery?? Yeah, maybe that’s just me that takes these crazy notions. Especially considering I never actually get around to ENTERING the lottery!! Anyway I saw this house beside the wee harbour at Lamlash, Arran with an uninterupted view of Holy Isle. An AMAZINGLY huge balcony, a kind of Scandinavian/seaside look about it and a paved back yard in a pretty little town with pubs and cute gift shops. I think this will be my new holiday home! :) I didn’t pick the best angle for the photo right enough – random people, bins and street lamps - but I still had to scrap it. This one used the Oct Go Go kit

I really need to get the remains of some of my kits sorted out into page kits and then get into some of the newer kits that I haven’t touched [Dec & Feb and, very soon, March] or just used for a couple of layouts so far [Nov & Jan]. My regular crop are holding a weekend “retreat” next weekend so I plan to spend a bit of time this weekend making up a bunch of page kits. Just need to get to grips with what photos I have as many of them are actually in albums.

Can’t wait for next weekend, should be fun! I put retreat in “” just because I’m not actually staying there, although most people are. Think there will be 16 of us and last year was good so sure this one will be too! its only about 15 mins from my flat so I would rather just come back home than spend a whole lot extra [that I can’t afford!] on staying. We start on Friday night this year too so a wee bit extra time :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome layouts, I love them... did you hand-doodle the boarder around the whole page on the first one, the swirleys? I love that! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice layouts! And yes - I have a lottery house picked out - two stories of wrap around porch and nothing but green rolling hills! lol