Saturday, 21 August 2010

learning new things..

First  up.. Anna Bowkis is giving away a copy of the Pencil Lines sketch book on her blog here – check it out & leave a comment to enter!

Next up..my weekly crop had an all day crop last Sunday. With a shop. I was good really and only went 18p over my budget!! I can live with that ;)

Some of my purchases..

STA60040

I also  got two Pink Paislee albums – one 6x12 [possibly for JYC, not sure..] and a 4x8 as it was on sale & I couldn’t resist.

I managed to  get a few layouts done too!! It wasn’t all shopping!

STA60042

A rare photo of me and my parents when we were on Arran. Not a good pic of me gurning and looking whale like but I like it overall. Plus it was taken using my gorilla tripod attached to a sign, love that thing! STA60044

The first [and very rare double layout] layout for my Arran album. Pictures of Lochranza which was my favourite part of the island, such beautiful scenery & so peaceful.. I used one of the sketches from Shimelle’s LypLyp classSTA60041

and an 8x8 for my childhood album. What a poser I was!! My parents had a touring caravan from when I was a baby so my childhood holidays were spent all over the UK. We used to go back to some  places [mostly ones closer to home for shorter breaks –North Berwick & New England Bay were among our favourites] and different places each summer. I think my love of travel started young!

Lastly, I succumbed and have signed up for Shimelle’s Learn Something New Everyday class in September. I’ve decided to use the 4x8 album I just got – I knew it would come in handy!! I think the smaller size might be more manageable for me as a first attempt at the class. Not sure what to expect from it but plan to have my pages cut in advance and see how I go. I don’t have  a photo printer so obviously  won’t be able to print photos each day. I’ll do my best to keep up with the journalling and any photo taking and maybe print weekly. See how it goes! I’m always behind with these classes! Took me about 9 months to do my book for “Here there Everywhere” but I DID finish it!! Still need to work on the photography prompts from LypLyp so maybe I can incorporate that into some of the things I learn :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice layouts! Those papers will be so cute for JYC! I also like the way you did "travel" title. Cool. :)