Sunday, 29 June 2008

summer scrapping

I had a fairly productive days scrapping on Thursday [well for me!] as I managed this layout for the UKS weekly challenge. Used some of the May Scrapagogo kit that I bought off the UKs marketplace and love how it turned out :) The journalling stamp was one of my purchases at the all day crop & my first time using it, everything else bar the rikrak is from the kit. I think the lace gives it a bit more of a shabby chic feel or maybe thats just me!!

I need to get some more of that though, I like how it looks. The pics I used are pretty old ones, from 1991 when I was 16 and spent the entire school holidays in Canada staying with my aunt & her family in Toronto. The top pic is my two cousins at the top of the CN Tower & the other is obviously from the day we went to Niagara Falls. I remember my mum complaining, when I came back, that I hadn't taken enough pics of the family. I had taken too many of views etc according to her!! Even then I was more into those kind of photos than portraits but as I recall my aunt kept insisting I be IN the photos so I couldn't take as many. Looking at them now I was squinting, frowning or just looking hideous [bad hair & worse clothes] in 90% of them! Urgh! Hence me not putting one with me in it on the layout!

At Thursday nights crop I managed this one, more photos from Monets garden at Giverny for my Paris album. I think there will be several more layouts from there to come! I haven't even got to the actual house or the waterlily pond or japanese bridge yet! This is also using the Scrapagogo kit. I love that it has so much different stuff in it that you can do two layouts that look utterly different, well three if you count the Pompidou one I did at the all day crop a few weeks back. Anyway the title on this one says "yellow", I know it doesn't show up too well..

Now a couple of pics from Wednesday when it was "scrap the day" and me and my best mate had a wee day trip to Glasgow. We went shopping to start with but barely bought anything - which is good really! We had a nosey and some lunch and then changed our plans thanks to the bad weather and headed to Kelvingrove art gallery
This is me inside with some weird heads hanging behind me!
This one was outside the gallery looking towards Glasgow Uni. We picked a good time to go anyway as a/ it was pissing rain! and b/ they had a really cool photography exhibit on. I love photography galleries/exhibits and we both really enjoyed it. It was some Glasgwegian guy [my memory is so crap, I think it was Harry Benson or something like that] that worked for a US magazine and had photographed heaps of celebs over the years. We saw some of the other parts of the gallery too including the Charles Renee MacIntosh bit. Its looking great after the refurb, that was the first I had been back since

Unfortuntely with the yucky weather a lot of my outdoor photos are really dark and I didn't take as many as last month. Hopefully I can salvage enough to get a layouts worth :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work - that Summer in the City LO is fabulous X

Kristine said...

Wow! I love your blog and the Layouts look fantastic!
Thanks for sharing;)
Kristine

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love what you've done with the Scrapagogo kit. I love mine to bits! I also like the fact that there is so much variety in the kit but it all ties together. Summer in the City is fab!

Laura said...

love your gogo layouts, they look brilliant!

Thank you for your comment on my blog...the header is actually digital, so uses digital bubblewrap! lol!

jay670120 said...

love your work , weird having heads hanging up !!!!