Saturday, 18 July 2009

catching up with Paris

All my layouts lately seem to be for my Paris album but at least I am now nearly done with it. I'm determined to have it completed before I go to Stockholm next month and I think I only have two more layouts after this lot. So that shouldn't be a problem at all now :) I also need to complete my Stockholm page in my Here there and Everywhere book as well as it would seem daft to do it AFTER I have been in my "places I want to go" section!

Anyway here are some of the layouts i have done in the last few weeks.. Monet's house at Giverny. My friends expression said it all, the house was so nice inside and in such a gorgeous setting that neither of us really wanted to leave! Used some of the Indigo Mill kit with the Fancy Pants delight range

This is the "Defender of Time" public clock which was in my guidebook and I wanted to find. It was up some backstreet near the Centre Pompidou and didn't seem to be working but it was interesting to see anyway. Used some bits from the last Scrapagogo kit I got [nov I think] including the coredinations card that I had no idea what to do with.. I just went round the edge with sandpaper then with gold ink. The reverse of the crate paper went really well with the gold in the clock :) Pleased how this turned out

Of course a Paris album wouldn't be complete without the Eiffel Tower! Admittedly we didn't go up it on this occasion. We were there back in '96 on our Europe trip and went to the top and have both been back since [separately]. Last time I had taken the stairs to the second level but we missed the chance to do that by 10 mins and didn't feel like queuing and paying extra to go right to the top. Paris is fairly flat so its not like you see a heap more. So anyway we just took pics at the bottom. Too many for a single layout so had to make it a double. Love that Pink Paislee paper, one of my faves :)

Very simple one on the fancy Metro entrance in Place Abbesses in Montmartre. Its one of only two of that old style in the city. I'm pretty sure though that its not art deco but art nouveaux [whatever the heck the difference is!] but I'd already done my title when I realised that.. and it would have taken more thickers!!
Lastly another of Monets gorgeous garden. Like this apart from how i did the title.. Again this is using the Indigo Mill kit including the flowers, pebbles and tickets







Posted by Picasa

No comments: