I've been working on completing this paper bag book bit by bit and have finally finished :) The book was one I had lying around from a kit and the photos were taken on a day out with my best friend back in May. We went to Edinburgh and I took a lot of pics so couldn't just put them on a single layout. The paperbag book seemed like a good plan :)
I did one before and it was just a faff that I couldn't wait to finish, so I wanted to tackle this one differently and enjoy the process a bit more. In the end I had this random idea to paint the pages of the book. I didn't like just the plain brown paper bag but REALLY didn't want to be trying to cut exact sized paper/card to cover it with. I had a tube of white acrylic paint that I got cheap somewhere but had never broken into so that did the job perfectly. I had a relaxing couple of nights covering all the pages :)
At the top is the front cover and this is one of the inside pages. Paper/card wise all I used through the whole book was scraps, which felt good to use some bits up. I'm not much for coordinated books/albums so i like all the different colours etc running through it. Although I kept everything pretty simple so it didn't get too bulky
This is most of the other pages, my battery died on my camera so I was one double page short and didn't the whole album or the various extra photos & journalling in the pockets either but I'll do that tomorrow.. Finished it off today with a wee mini accordian book for the last pocket which also had some paint dry brushed on the areas for journalling.
I'm really happy how it turned out, just a fun simple book with some good memories of a good day out :)


1 comment:
Thanks for leaving a comment on my giveaway, I am nosily bloghopping through all the comments!
I've never tried a paper bag book but yours looks great. I really like the painted pages, much easier than covering them all. I have a load of pictures from a weekend in Edinburgh too, so you may have just given me the inspiration to do something with them!
Post a Comment