Sunday, 28 September 2008

bright

I managed a couple of layouts week passed.. Both for my Paris album although I've actually run out of the 8.5x11 page protectors for it! Will need to sort that out

Anyway this first layout, well I may have gone a little mad with the bright colours!! I do like things bright it must be said but I felt the need to make up for the lack of colour in the photo. I decided to use some scraps of Pink Squirrel papers that came with a Cyber Crop class kit last year and had been lying in a baggie ever since. The patterns aren't really my thing but the reverse sides are quite plain bright colours so worked quite well.. Even if sunglasses may be necessary for the finished article!!! I decided to have a go with the Cuttlebug [finally! we have had one at the crop for months!] and some felt but the letters were a bit too thin and just fell apart so resorted to thickers for a couple of the letters! think i will need to invest in some chipboard next time.. Anyway the pic is of a big sculpture outside St Lazarre train station which we passed through several times when we went to Versaille & Giverny. I just like it :)
This one is just some pics from Versailles grounds, including one of the boats on the lake that runs down the middle behind the palace.. You can hire them but we just stuck to walking. A lot. Other than the stamps everything is from the July Scrapagogo kit.
Work next week promises to be fun... We had technical hitches all day Friday on the internet orders [which is what I normally do..] so we sent none out at all. Monday will likely be extremely busy as a result, given its our busiest day usually anyway. That and Gillian, who should be in at 7, is on hols so there isn't anyone else who is really experienced in our dept on that shift. Me and Dave, who have worked there for 1.5-2 yrs don't start til 10am thanks to the new stupid shifts so hopefully we won't get in to find it all in chaos! Add to that that the only decent eye candy in the place is off for a week and it promises to be anything BUT fun!
A girl needs something to put a smile on her face! Least I don't have to be in bed too early tonight, no getting up at 5 this week. Too bad I don't still finish at 3.30 though :(

No comments: