Monday, 26 May 2008

The arty shots..

Some of my photos from yesterday.. As it was the 25th I spent the day running around taking pictures of random stuff for Shimelles Scrap the Day class. These are the slightly more arty [so I like to tell myself!] shots.. The obligatory drink shot - for me, since coffee & tea are yuck, it a glass of Pepsi Max..
I just liked how the light looked through the blue glass, didn't even really notice there was a reflextion in it
Love this one especially because I just kind of sat the camera on the ground and pointed it roughly, as I couldn't get down to look at the screen properly. Amazed it came out!
I waited all damn day for the peacock to show up [after it showing off in my garden pretty much all week long, Sunday would seem to be its day of rest..] and finally ended up with this shot at 9.30 at night! He didn't disappoint in the end!! :) And just perfect he should chose to be up on the fence just as the sun was going down. I did crop this one [the others are untouched, other than resizing] as I took it from further away and had houses etc in it. Didn't want to scare him off and ruin the whole shot!
And so I cheated slightly and took this one early this morning since normal weekday service has obviously been resumed..

3 comments:

Jay said...

Lovely photos, especially the one of the peacock on the fence. He's very handsome.

Helen said...

Lovely pics. Shame the peacock didn't strut his stuff on time but the one on the fence is great.

Mrsjobee said...

Peacock photos are fab - but love the dandelion shot.